Arrival Day (Part Two)

I’ve been strolling around, carrying the odd (and light) box, meeting new frosh and their families. Lots of fun to run into alumni parents bringing their sons and daughters to Wesleyan, as well as those who are totally new to the Wes experience. I’ll post a few more photos later in the day.

Cars filling up the field
Cars filling up the field
arrival200910
lunch

New Home
New Home
Unloading
Unloading
Unloading #2
Unloading #2
Prof. Weil moving the students
Prof. Weil moving the students

All but the first photograph courtesy of Olivia Bartlett

[tags]Arrival Day, Olivia Bartlett, Kari Weil[/tags]

4 thoughts on “Arrival Day (Part Two)”

1. Thank you to the administration, faculty and student volunteers for organizing a wonderful welcome. We are reassured that our son will be a happy young man at Wesleyan.

2. The security personnel were very helpful as were the ResLife volunteers. Thank you for making the process run smoothly and quickly.

3. Thank you for a beautiful welcome. The campus was alive and happy. I am sure my son will be happy at Wes. Thanks to the students who volunteered to make this welcome a pleasant one.

4. Seeing these photos gives me goose bumps. I hope the new students know just how lucky they are. Back in 1950, I arrived on the train at Meriden and took the blue bus to Middletown, dragging a huge suitcase and hoping the trunk with the rest of my stuff had been delivered by Railway Express.