Big Wesleyan Sports Weekend: Go WES!!

It’s still winter break, but the athletes have been working hard and are already competing in important games and matches. This weekend all the winter sports squads will be matching up with tough opponents. Tonight (Friday), for example, the women’s and men’s basketball teams will be matching up with Little Three rival Williams college. The women’s and men’s hockey squads are away at hockey powerhouse Bowdoin. All our squads will be at it again tomorrow, with Middlebury meeting the hoopsters in Middletown while the hockey Cardinals head to Colby. Swimming and track are at home tomorrow, and wrestling and squash are on the road. Come to Middletown to cheer on the Red and Black!

You can find the schedule for upcoming athletic events here.

I am on the road myself, and am sorry to miss these contests. Last night I interviewed Carter Bays ’97 and Craig Thomas ’97, the creators of How I Met Your Mother in front of an audience of a couple of hundred Wes folks in Los Angeles. It was a great evening, and I’m sure we’ll have some pics to post soon. California is certainly Wesleyan country. I run into alumni, students and their families everywhere I go!

Wesleyan men win big over Williams! GREAT victory!

AND LESS THAN A WEEK LATER A THRILLING WIN OVER AMHERST IN THE LAST SECONDS!!