Theater, Sports, Senior Theses and Recitals Enliven Campus

What a lovely weekend it was! Friday night Kari and I were so happy to have the opportunity to see a student production at the Second Stage: La Violecion of My PapiYon, presented by Shades, written by Arline Pierre-Louis ’19 and directed by Ray Achan ’19 and Ruby Fludzinski ’20. The show was powerful and stirring.

On Saturday, there were sports aplenty on campus, as well as music drifting over from West College’s annual celebration of his Zonkertude. I saw some phenomenal tennis, a powerful women’s lacrosse team, track and field and frisbee high-caliber performances, and some thrilling softball and baseball. Away from campus, the men’s lacrosse team continued its winning ways in upstate New York, while our crew teams were racing through the still icy waters of New England. NietzscheFactor won its frisbee sectional playoff, and the women’s crew team captured the Little Three Title!

Today, I was reading two (really excellent) senior theses, and I strolled over to Memorial Chapel to hear some music in the afternoon. I was delighted to see some recent alums and current students there to join Conner Bennion’s [’18] most excellent recital. I was smiling ear to ear as I took in the a cappella tunes.

If you haven’t seen the remarkable senior theses art exhibitions that have been showing at the Zilkha Galleries, don’t deny yourselves one of the pleasures of spring at Wesleyan. The openings have been on Wednesdays, and you can catch the new group this week beginning at 4. Here are just a few images I’ve snapped when looking at earlier week’s work.

You can find more information and much better pictures here.