Big Day

BIG DAY

Today was my first day of having open office hours, and I learned a lot. I talked with a reporter from the Argus, some representatives from the WSA, and three students who wanted me to understand why they thought chalking was an important part of Wesleyan’s political culture. All the conversations were helpful to me, and the students gave me plenty to think about.

The main reason I am posting tonight is just to remind the Wesleyan community to make your voices heard in the primaries tomorrow. Also, please note that you can follow the returns Tuesday night in good company at the Usdan University Center.

[tags] Office hours, Argus, WSA, chalking, election primaries, Usdan University Center [/tags]

1 thought on “Big Day”

1. Thanks President Roth!

For students who want their voices heard…

The polling location for students who are registered to vote in Middletown is the Senior Center, located at 150 William Street. The Senior Center is within walking distance of campus, however if students are not sure where it is or would prefer a ride, the OCS will be providing transportation.

Vans will leave every hour, on the hour, from the Center for Community Partnerships (167 High St) and every hour on the 10s from Usdan (Wyllys Ave. entrance). Students should come into the CCP to wait for the van and students at Usdan should wait in the vestibule area on the Wyllys Ave. entrance.

The shuttle will run from 10am – 6:10pm; so vans will run 10am (CCP); 10:10am (Usdan); 11am (CCP), 11:10am (Usdan), etc.

Any questions, please contact Cathy Lechowicz (clechowicz@wesleyan.edu) or 860.685.2841.